Categories

Thursday 4 April 2013

Beard love

OK, so go with me on this - as you know I'm having a beard moment -  see Ben and George at the Baftas and Stella's other half at the Palace - but this post is taking beards to a whole new level, and whilst it may be a bit extreme for some, I have to say it's working for me. 

Photo: John Lewis

Oddly enough we're back to my current fave shop John Lewis who have gone out on something of a limb with their latest ad campaign for John Lewis and Co Menswear featuring (I think) the rather gorgeous and very bearded Johnny Harrington. 

Photo: John Lewis

Photo: John Lewis

The campaign aims to appeal to the everyday guy who isn't that into fashion but has a sense of his own style and wants clothes that will work hard for him and last (he's not much of a shopper then!) The collection is inspired by British Heritage and the tradition of exploration - think Mallory, Burton, Lawrence of Arabia and Scott of the Antarctic.

Photo: John Lewis

Photo: John Lewis

Apparently opinion in the UK has been completely split by this campaign, but I'm totally for this deconstructed look - as well as the beard I'm loving the hair pulled back in a bun and all his arm candy.

Can't resist a couple of other images. Not too shabby for a former carpenter from Milton Keynes.

Photo: Arnaldo Anaya for GQ France

Photo: Arnaldo Anaya for GQ France

What do you think, does the 'hobo chic' look do it for you?

4 comments:

StealthCrystal said...

All I can think of saying is "bonjour monsieur". And what is more, on the second to last photo, the man leggings also do it for me.

Nita said...

I am sorry but this is just too much beard for me! Are you persuading English Gent to grow one?1

Juliette Chisholm said...

I think a full beard needs a full head of hair..... so English Gent should stay as he is!!

Juliette Chisholm said...

Man leggings = meggings??